Being involved in the communities we serve is a rewarding experience. We value supporting, educating, and helping those in our communities to take the necessary steps to improve their hearing healthcare.
We collaborate with Western University and Conestoga College as a teaching facility, providing clinical training and information to future and current hearing healthcare practitioners.
Through education, we aim to eradicate the stigma associated with hearing loss and raise public awareness about the need for prevention and treatment. We regularly conduct presentations on hearing loss and hearing aids for interested groups.
Hearing Help Classes
At the Ear and Hearing Clinic, we offer free small group rehabilitation classes. During the session, we cover such topics as how we hear, causes of communication breakdown, communication strategies and listening environmental modifications.
Every year we are proud to make a donation and support a variety of organizations.
Some organizations we have supported are:
- Voice (Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children)
- Canadian Hearing Society
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Hospital for Sick Kids Toronto
- We were fortunate to be able to send children with hearing disabilities on the Sunshine Dream for Kids Foundation trips to Walt Disney World Florida in 2007 2014 and 2017
- Donated hearing aids to the Dominican Republic since 1999
- Mennonite Central Committee
- Mennonite Economic Development Association; MEDA
- Victim Services of Waterloo Region